We are looking for an exceptional candidate who demonstrates accountability for component design execution, engineering functional team guidance, team mentoring, and support of critical program objectives. In this role, you will lead and integrate design disciplines, manage complex issues within functional area(s) of expertise, and contribute to the overall Program delivery. You will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning. Specifically, the Lead Engineer will build and leverage multiple skillsets including analysis, design, product definition and hardware ownership of current and existing products.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute, with guidance from senior engineering resources, the analysis, design, test, or integration required to design, and support assigned components, assemblies or systems that meet business standards and program / product requirements
- Provide technical leadership to personnel supporting the assigned project
- Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers
- Document and communicate results of technical data generated
- Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
- Share engineering information and promote open dialogue
- Participate in teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and issues
- Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Prepare invention disclosures to protect the technology that provides a competitive advantage to the business
- Expert CAD modeler for conceptual design. Prefer 3DX (CATIA V6) experience
Areas of Expertise (Preferred)
- Comprehensive understanding of latest FAR Part 23, 25, 27, 29 requirements
- Expert of Helicopter Powerplant/Propulsion Systems to aircraft integration
- Mid-Level to Expert of Helicopter Drive Train and Gearbox requirements
- Proficiency with CATIA V5 or 3DX and Kinematic Modeling Preferred
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors of Science degree in Mechanical, Aero, or other similar degree from an accredited university or college
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Established project management skills.
Remote Work: Yes.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. XTI will require proof of status prior to employment.
XTI offers an exciting and collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. XTI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
XTI will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.