This position focuses on fly-by-wire or digital control systems and requires a solid understanding of flight control law coding. The ideal candidate will help contribute to a groundbreaking aerospace project that pushes the boundaries of aviation technology.
- Design, optimize, validate, verify, and certify Fly-By-Wire Flight Control Laws for both primary and back-up modes.
- Manage Control Law design, including gain tuning and scheduling, stability and handling qualities analysis.
- Work in augmented air vehicle control system design, simulation and analysis using state of the art techniques in linear and non-linear modeling and analysis.
- Planning, preparing, executing, analyzing, and documenting desktop Simulations, manned simulations and flight test activities.
- Interaction with the pilot community to troubleshot problems.
- Validation and Verification work and associated documentation.
- Analysis of failure cases and help support HQRM analysis and test activities.
- Preparation of documentation to support Certification.
- Experienced in C/C++ programming languages
- Experience with Flight Control Law development for a full authority digital fly by wire platform.
- Experience with fault tolerant guidance and control architectures
- Experience with MATLAB and Simulink development tools and Nonlinear Dynamic Inversion techniques. MIMO control theories.
- Hands on experience creating code for flight control systems
- Experience with state estimation theories and implementations
- Skilled at creating and reviewing technical schematics, logical and functional diagrams, and engineering specifications.
- Experience with developing test plans and reports
- Familiar with SVN or Github software configuration management
- Working knowledge of DO-178C development standards
- Experience working with ARP4754A
- Experience with 14 CFR Part 23 certification
- Basic knowledge of FAA regulations and guidance material and industry standards.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering required; Electrical, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering preferred.
- 5 Years Minimum hands-on experience.
Type: Full-time Employee
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 6 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
XTI offers an exciting and collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. XTI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
XTI will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.