XTI Aircraft is seeking an FAA Certification Manager based in Denver, CO but working remotely.
Reporting to the Project Director, you will be responsible for managing the certification effort of the TRIFAN 600, a hybrid powered VTOL aircraft to be certified under Part 23 with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). As no specific certification standards exist for VTOL aircraft, you will also need to consider special conditions resulting from Parts 25, 27, and 29 to establish the appropriate certification basis. Coordinating with the FAA, you will then manage the complete process from G1 issue paper through type certificate and production certificate, both internally and externally.
- Develop the certification basis and means of compliance for the Trifan 600 hybrid VTOL, including any and all required special conditions
- Serve as the primary contact for XTI and the FAA in achieving above
- Oversee the entire certification process for the Trifan 600, including initial type certification (TC), production certificate (PC), as well as safety and continued airworthiness
- Assist in managing the creation of compliance data and its translation to Compliance Substantiation with a view of how it will affect a positive compliance finding
- Assist in developing process certification standards and assist in internal process certification
- Coordinate and perform other duties and fulfill other requirements as assigned
- Knowledge of FAA regulations and guidance material and industry standards
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering required; Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering preferred
- Great communication skills
- Experience working on a diverse team to solve complex problems
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum 10 years direct experience in aircraft certification; 3 years direct involvement with FAA Aircraft Certification Office
- Thorough understanding of Part 23, 25, 27, and/or 29 certification standards.
- Demonstrated knowledge of G1 issue papers, means of compliance, special conditions, as well as other requirements of FAA Order 8110.4C
- Competence with Microsoft 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Working knowledge of AC 25.1309 highly desired
- Strong understanding of aviation technology
- Practical experience with FAA Certification and Flight Test Certification Processes
- Strong analytical skills. Proven experience to create plans, communicate them and execute them
XTI offers an exciting and collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. XTI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. XTI will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.